Batangas City is two to three hours away from Manila when you use the old inter town route and will depend on which part of Batangas you are visiting, which part of Manila you are coming from, and how heavy the traffic is. However, using the combined South Luzon Expressway (SLex) and STAR Tollway route, you can reach Batangas City in an hour.
Travellers can take air-conditioned buses in going to Batangas City. Four of the most common destination signs you will see displayed in front of the buses are the following:
- Batangas City via SLex and STAR Tollway — takes you straight to Batangas City Grand Terminal
- Batangas City via Turbina – most of which pass through Sto Tomas, Tanauan City and Lipa City.
- Lemery — Most buses also pass through Tanauan and Lipa then through the towns of Cuenca, Sta Teresita, Alitagtag, and Taal.
- Nasugbu — may take the Silang-Aguinaldo Highway route or the Tagaytay-Sta Rosa route
- Balayan — may also take the Silang-Aguinaldo Highway route or the Tagaytay-Sta Rosa route, busses will pass through the towns of Tuy and Lian.
Via Private Vehicle
When driving one’s own vehicle to Batangas, travelers can either take the Silang-Aguinaldo Highway route or the Tagaytay-Sta Rosa route or SLex and STAR Tollway depending on which part of Batangas they are visiting.
If you have more information on how to get to Batangas please post a comment and we will update this.